Group Presentations! 11/30/17

ESOC 211 Group Presentations!
Image: Wikimedia Commons

This week we had our Collaborative Group 2 presentations. I thought it would be interesting to put these comments in my blog!

Community Commitment
Group 3: Hannah Leigh Johnson, Alan Castillo, Ryan Cohn, Christian Williams, Ethan Mermel

The First Group (3) that went made a came up with a good product. The video was concise in the points it made as well as some interesting facts and statistics in the presentation. I had no idea that there was that high of a number of college students committing suicide. Social media also had a part to play in the suicide narrative as it can have an impact in preventing it (Reddit)

Toxic Food Environment
Group 4: Jeremy Thompson, Alex Lozano, Shannon Washington, Josh Quirk, Kaci Burden

This presentation was incredibly informative. The video was comical and I enjoyed learning more about nutrition. This is important because there are many options of items to consume and therefore we need to learn what options to choose.

Group 2: Gabe Lemon, Corey Trittler, Evan Tinder, Wenhao Wang
Modern Slavery

This group made a great point in identifying modern slavery. Human Trafficking involves forced labor, and sex slaves. It was a grim topic but one that definitely needs to be talked about. This was a great topic of presentation because not many people are aware of it as it is happening in our backyards.

Comments

  1. Hey Jacob! I also thought Group 3's product was one I did not think about. They had a one of the best videos because of those facts, even though the transitions were a little weird and made it kind of hard to read. It was shocking to me as well; I had no idea how prevalent teen suicide was. I liked the Toxic food idea but I thought their video wasn't loud enough and it was hard to understand their points. However they made up with it and did a great job just as group 3 did. My group was the last one on Modern Slavery and I thank you for the feedback! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Save the Tree Octopus 11/07/17

Brand Building in the Digital Age 10/29/17

Who Was Ada Lovelace? 10/24/17